collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Who's doing keto?  (Read 42592 times)

Offline Angry Perch

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
Re: Who's doing keto?
« Reply #285 on: May 13, 2021, 04:05:14 PM »
Early humans sure didn't eat wheat and corn. Fruits and vegetables are actually not necessary in the human diet. I know, hard to believe since they've been telling us to eat them for decades. But remember, they also told us butter was bad and margarine was good!

They've been telling us that for decades, but we've been eating fruits, nuts, berries, bark seeds and animals for millions of years.
Low T Beta Male

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #286 on: May 13, 2021, 04:05:37 PM »
I took a few pictures of pages in Shawn Baker's book, The Carnivore Diet. Hopefully it's readable.

Any conflict of interest that this guy is also the CEO of a company that charges $150/year membership to pedal a meat based diet?

No I don't think so but either way, I follow plenty of people who eat a meat only diet, and they're all healthy as can be. Humans evolved eating meat. We wouldn't have survived as a species without it as the main part of our diet. It's why we developed bigger brains, and the other primates didn't.

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #287 on: May 13, 2021, 04:09:04 PM »
Early humans sure didn't eat wheat and corn. Fruits and vegetables are actually not necessary in the human diet. I know, hard to believe since they've been telling us to eat them for decades. But remember, they also told us butter was bad and margarine was good!

They've been telling us that for decades, but we've been eating fruits, nuts, berries, bark seeds and animals for millions of years.

No, not really. Fruits and vegetables were only available seasonally and for very short periods of time. And the fruits and vegetables we have today are nothing like what was available in the past. But just read the books and do the research. It's what I did. The other book to look into is by Paul Saladino, if you're interested in learning more.

Offline Angry Perch

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
« Reply #288 on: May 13, 2021, 04:10:51 PM »

No, not really. Fruits and vegetables were only available seasonally and for very short periods of time. And the fruits and vegetables we have today are nothing like what was available in the past. But just read the books and do the research. It's what I did. The other book to look into is by Paul Saladino, if you're interested in learning more.

Do read books and research that run counter to the belief in a meat based diet?
Low T Beta Male

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #289 on: May 13, 2021, 04:18:34 PM »

I don't care. Do what you want. I'm pretty happy with the improvement in my health. In 6 months went from 215 pounds to 165. Hemoglobin A1C went from 5.7 to 5.3. But go ahead and continue eating your veggies. I'll stick to my deer, elk, antelope, beef, bacon, salmon, sardines, liver, oysters, chicken, cheddar cheese, butter, and eggs.

Oh, and I almost forgot, lots and lots of salt.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 04:28:43 PM by bobcat »

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #290 on: May 13, 2021, 09:39:41 PM »
Short video by Dr Baker:

Offline Curly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
« Reply #291 on: May 14, 2021, 05:31:25 AM »
Anybody else here doing keto get a bad metal taste? It is so bad it makes it difficult to drink water because it's like sticking a bunch of coins in my mouth.

I found that I can get relief by increasing my carb intake. I need to eat at least an apple a day to keep the metal taste down. It gets really bad when I've gone for a while with very little carbs.
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #292 on: May 14, 2021, 07:06:37 AM »
I never experienced that myself, but I could be better at zero carb deal.  I'm not sure I've ever been in ketosis, maybe that's what you are experiencing?
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline Curly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
« Reply #293 on: May 14, 2021, 07:39:57 AM »
I've been doing keto since the end of February and I did lose 15 to 20 pounds and I'm pretty close to my target weight now. The metal mouth is terrible but at least I've figured out that bumping up my carb intake will pretty much fix it.  It's just wierd.
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

Offline cbond3318

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #294 on: May 14, 2021, 07:56:34 AM »
I've been doing keto since the end of February and I did lose 15 to 20 pounds and I'm pretty close to my target weight now. The metal mouth is terrible but at least I've figured out that bumping up my carb intake will pretty much fix it.  It's just wierd.

IVe found if I significantly raise my water intake it helps with the funk mouth.
Just tend your own and live.

Offline JBG

• Scout
« Reply #295 on: May 14, 2021, 09:39:10 AM »
Even Elmo knows whats up! 

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #296 on: May 14, 2021, 09:43:09 AM »
Anybody else here doing keto get a bad metal taste? It is so bad it makes it difficult to drink water because it's like sticking a bunch of coins in my mouth.

I found that I can get relief by increasing my carb intake. I need to eat at least an apple a day to keep the metal taste down. It gets really bad when I've gone for a while with very little carbs.

Never had that happen either.

Offline Whitpirate

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #297 on: May 14, 2021, 01:21:32 PM »

IVe found if I significantly raise my water intake it helps with the funk mouth.

Make sure you are upping potassium, magnesium and salt intake.  Lots of folks have videos detailing their home-made ketone boosting water amendments.  Mine is a multi-vitamin with extra K and P along with Himalayan salt.

Online bigmacc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #298 on: May 14, 2021, 01:26:31 PM »

I don't care. Do what you want. I'm pretty happy with the improvement in my health. In 6 months went from 215 pounds to 165. Hemoglobin A1C went from 5.7 to 5.3. But go ahead and continue eating your veggies. I'll stick to my deer, elk, antelope, beef, bacon, salmon, sardines, liver, oysters, chicken, cheddar cheese, butter, and eggs.

Oh, and I almost forgot, lots and lots of salt.

I got to admit it does sound weird but I have 2 folks I know(a guy I used to work with and a fella who hunts with us), both are on this "meat eating" diet I guess you call it :chuckle:. One has lost almost 50 lbs and the other about 35lbs, both are in their late 60,s and claim they feel like they're in their 40,s :dunno:, both get checked annually and everything is perfect, both have been doing it a couple years now and swear by it. The guy that hunts with us will eat an apple every once in awhile as well as a shot of apple cider vinegar now and then, both will also fast every once in awhile, they have been doing it long enough now that its normal for them.

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #299 on: May 14, 2021, 01:29:55 PM »
So here's what I had for breakfast: ham, chicken, and salmon. Now, for lunch I'm having four eggs and a can of mackerel. Good stuff. Don't miss the veggies, or the bread, rice, and pasta.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Pairs by nwwanderer
[Today at 07:02:59 PM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 06:50:06 PM]

Holster for FNS 40C by bb76
[Today at 06:37:56 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by Ridgeratt
[Today at 06:34:07 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by Karl Blanchard
[Today at 06:20:52 PM]