collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: We are pursuing a lawsuit against the Governor  (Read 31719 times)

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
Re: We are pursuing a lawsuit against the Governor
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2023, 09:17:40 AM »
I abandoned most of my conservation group donations after they failed to stick up for Washington over the last 2 years. 

I'm happy to support this.  I'll be your newest member shortly.

This is exactly what's needed.

:yeah:

Spend money where the action is!

Offline Skillet

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2023, 09:35:49 AM »
I abandoned most of my conservation group donations after they failed to stick up for Washington over the last 2 years. 

I'm happy to support this.  I'll be your newest member shortly.

This is exactly what's needed.

I'm joining too.  I've seen a lot of loss of opportunity in WA's hunting & fishing, as well as my industry, due to a passive stance towards our opponents that want to take, take, take opportunity and resources away.

I'm over that losing tradition, ready to turn this franchise around!

*Update - I also can't purchase the Associate Membership on my phone, says "Not Available"...
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 09:50:07 AM by Skillet »
KABOOM Count - 1

"The ocean is calling, and I must go."

Offline Ghost Hunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Patron Life Member, RMEF Life, Sponser Member
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2023, 10:43:13 AM »
Shifting some of my support funds.  Associate membership application is in the mail.  Let's make it happen.
Economy failure = Too many people spending money they don't have on things they don't need to impress people they don't like.

Offline GASoline71

• Longhunter
    • https://www.facebook.com/gary.strassburg.7?ref=bookmarks
  • Groups: Conservation Coalition of Washington, ABF WA Chapter, F4WM, WWC
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2023, 02:55:49 PM »
Do you have a law firm that is willing to take the case on and where do you intend to file the lawsuit?

Have you looked to see if there are any federal/state grant programs that are available to fund the lawsuit?  That’s what the left uses for all their BS lawsuits.

Yes we have a lawyer.

As I understand  We do not qualify for the same kinds of reimbursements Animal Rights organizations do. That process is its own ball of yarn for a later discussion.

Crazy how the AR's can squander lots and lots money in the name of the EJFA Act and a bonafide Conservation group like WWC supporting hunters can't.  The AR's definately know how to play the game.

Gary
One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it. What he is after is having to win it, to conquer the surly brute through his own effort and skill with all the extras that this carries with it: the immersion in the countryside, the healthfulness of the exercise, the distraction from his job. ~ Jose Ortega y Gasset

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2023, 03:08:29 PM »
Do you have a law firm that is willing to take the case on and where do you intend to file the lawsuit?

Have you looked to see if there are any federal/state grant programs that are available to fund the lawsuit?  That’s what the left uses for all their BS lawsuits.

Yes we have a lawyer.

As I understand  We do not qualify for the same kinds of reimbursements Animal Rights organizations do. That process is its own ball of yarn for a later discussion.

Crazy how the AR's can squander lots and lots money in the name of the EJFA Act and a bonafide Conservation group like WWC supporting hunters can't.  The AR's definately know how to play the game.

Gary

I belive the answers we all need are in following the money... I know WWC does a gun raffle each year selling tags at the sportsmen shows. They also make money from individual and  organization memberships. Aside from gifts or donations that is it as I understand.

Many anti hunting groups get thier lawyers fees reimbursed, so of course the keep one on the payroll. Many also make money via organizing land/conservation easement sales which can yield big monies. 

It does make a big difference when you get reimbursed even if partially to push your agenda, vs have to pay out of pocket. I am no accountant no research slooth, and I bet we as sportsmen would benifit from knowing how the monies are made and how they spend it.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline WWC

• Strenght Through Unity-A United Sportsmens Voice
  • WWC
  • Hunter
    • https://www.facebook.com/w4wc.org
    • Washingtonians for Wildlife Conservation
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2023, 07:23:49 PM »
Our President will be on The Outdoor Line ESPN 710 radio show at approximately 7:20 AM Saturday morning to talk with Tom Nelson.  http://www.theoutdoorline.com/
"Wildlife thrives today because of regulated sport hunting, not in spite of it."

Offline Wizekrakr

• Tracker
    • Don Davis
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2023, 07:44:56 PM »
I fear that POS Bob Ferguson, AG, will slow walk any lawsuits in order to bankrupt any opposition to Indsleys agenda.

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2023, 11:30:01 PM »
I fear that POS Bob Ferguson, AG, will slow walk any lawsuits in order to bankrupt any opposition to Indsleys agenda.

+1
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2023, 10:47:35 PM »

I my oppinion the main way to overcome this problem is to have our sportmen, archery, trap, critter organizations to publically support this lawsuit.

I think many hesitant organizations needed some one else to be the tip of the spear. RMEF, MDF, DU BHA and others. I think MEMBERSHIP wants this, but only pressure by members can make this a wave. Remember when RMEF lost a ton of membership over the wolf issue? I belive that these hesitant groups can be forced to support. Generally I have been a skeptic of BHA BUT the Washington chapter has pushed back harder than folks lime me expected. Pressure your $ and membership on supporting this movement.  They may not be the tip of the spear, but they can be forced to support it. Inform your other organizations  about the issue and make your membership conditional on support of it! I will and you should also!
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline WAcoyotehunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2023, 06:49:09 PM »
Are the cattlemen, wool growers, commercial fishers ect getting on board with this? 

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2023, 10:59:54 AM »
http://podcasts.theoutdoorline.com/?a=5424

This is the interview mentioned earlier

Confucius

Offline WWC

• WWC
  • Hunter
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2023, 09:48:25 AM »
Are the cattlemen, wool growers, commercial fishers etc. getting on board with this?

We have several groups that are verbally enthusiastic about the suit. We cannot currently comment because most need to vote in their board of directors meetings.

If you are a member of another conservation group, sportsmen club, or shooting club share with them the information from the first post. Encourage them to join us in support of the suit in name and money. We want the support of a wide variety of groups in both mission and geographic location.

THANK YOU! The rush of new memberships is encouraging and reaffirms we are on the right track.
"Wildlife thrives today because of regulated sport hunting, not in spite of it."

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2023, 10:08:47 AM »
 :tup:
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline WWC

• WWC
  • Hunter
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2023, 08:50:33 AM »
The online membership issue should be completely resolved now. If you have any further problems please reach out.

Offline WWC

• WWC
  • Hunter
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2023, 01:51:17 PM »
This an article from the Lewiston Morning Tribune interviewing the WWC President about the suit.

https://lmtribune.com/northwest/hunting-group-says-it-will-sue-gov-inslee/article_4ff2b737-128f-51d4-a215-6cf54434dd9d.html

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

10th Annual - 2024 YOUTH TURKEY HUNT CONTEST (enter by Mar 14) by bearpaw
[Yesterday at 11:27:12 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:09:06 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:06:34 PM]

Fishing with kids in Wenatchee by HardCorpsHuntr
[Yesterday at 10:03:34 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by jjhunter
[Yesterday at 09:12:44 PM]