collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: WDFW No Money from Me in 2019! First time since forever.  (Read 9055 times)

Offline Bango skank

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
Re: WDFW No Money from Me in 2019! First time since forever.
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2020, 01:24:25 PM »
Much like many others I am fed up with the mismanagement of wildlife by WDFW and the state allowing voters to manage the game instead of the people that are supposed to.  After over 50 years of hunting 2019 marks the date WA has gotten the last of my money for hunting licenses.   2017 for fishing licenses as with the restrictions on selective gear rules on so many of the lakes, even ice fishing,  and catch and release only in so many of the rivers and streams, If I can't keep the fish why buy a license?  Won't even bother with small game to hunt predators, getting impossible to get away from skinney skiers, even 5 miles off the road

If that was all you were wanting to do, a small game license is $40.50.  Just to hunt yotes and bobs.  But yotes can be hunted with either a big game or small game license.  So you could save $16.50 by just buying a $24.00 cougar or bear license.  Then you could hunt cougar or bear, plus you could hunt yotes year round.  Way better deal that way, unless youre dying to hunt bobcats.

With the Cougar tag you can buy the reduced priced Small Game tag. Best value by far! :twocents:

Yeah, thats an extra $22.  But if you really dont want to have to pass up a bobcat, its the way to go for sure.  I know me personally, if i cheaped out on the small game thing and called in a prime winter bobcat, id be kicking myself in the ass for not spending the extra $22.  I really want to get a bob.  Just one and ill be happy.  But i cant hardly find a damn track this year.  May have something to do with the fact that the hare population seems to have suddenly crashed real hard this year.  My limited understanding of it is that snowshoe hare populations cycle pretty significantly.  Ill keep being a sucker and buying small game until i call in and kill a bobcat.  After that, im done buying small game.  I think im just a couple years away from buying nothing but bear and lion tags here.  I just have a couple bucks that i need to see dead first.

Offline Widgeondeke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
  • US Army Infantry 91-98
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2020, 04:13:08 PM »
The only license I purchased in '19 was freshwater fishing, so I could fish small streams with my son. I will continue to fish in WA.

I plan to apply for hunting Wyoming this year.

Offline Cougartail

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2020, 11:53:10 AM »
Much like many others I am fed up with the mismanagement of wildlife by WDFW and the state allowing voters to manage the game instead of the people that are supposed to.  After over 50 years of hunting 2019 marks the date WA has gotten the last of my money for hunting licenses.   2017 for fishing licenses as with the restrictions on selective gear rules on so many of the lakes, even ice fishing,  and catch and release only in so many of the rivers and streams, If I can't keep the fish why buy a license?  Won't even bother with small game to hunt predators, getting impossible to get away from skinney skiers, even 5 miles off the road

If that was all you were wanting to do, a small game license is $40.50.  Just to hunt yotes and bobs.  But yotes can be hunted with either a big game or small game license.  So you could save $16.50 by just buying a $24.00 cougar or bear license.  Then you could hunt cougar or bear, plus you could hunt yotes year round.  Way better deal that way, unless youre dying to hunt bobcats.

With the Cougar tag you can buy the reduced priced Small Game tag. Best value by far! :twocents:

Yeah, thats an extra $22.  But if you really dont want to have to pass up a bobcat, its the way to go for sure.  I know me personally, if i cheaped out on the small game thing and called in a prime winter bobcat, id be kicking myself in the ass for not spending the extra $22.  I really want to get a bob.  Just one and ill be happy.  But i cant hardly find a damn track this year.  May have something to do with the fact that the hare population seems to have suddenly crashed real hard this year.  My limited understanding of it is that snowshoe hare populations cycle pretty significantly.  Ill keep being a sucker and buying small game until i call in and kill a bobcat.  After that, im done buying small game.  I think im just a couple years away from buying nothing but bear and lion tags here.  I just have a couple bucks that i need to see dead first.

Got my first bob with a rifle this year. I haven't seen may this year even with my thermal..
Did Trump hurt your feelings?

I only seem like a macho guy if you have low T and you listen to the Village  People

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by dilleytech
[Today at 04:04:01 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]