collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Area 636/648/638  (Read 2412 times)

Offline cohoho

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Frontiersman
  • Sturgeon Time Yet????
Area 636/648/638
« on: November 06, 2007, 11:01:52 PM »
Does anyone have some decent Deer information on these areas (636,648,638) as in accessibility, deer being seen, etc...  Thinking of running over there for the Late Season, got a couple days to hang out and check out, just was wondering if folks know of the activity there??  Again, not trying to get secrets, just going to head there and see what is up.  Mike

Offline Dman

• Dmanmastertracker
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: Area 636/648/638
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 09:01:14 AM »
 I would try 651 instead, or western 648. Lot's of the timber co. roads have been locked out, making for good walk in- bike in hunting. Get back in a ways, I would bet money you'll find a buck or two. I've seen some nice bucks taken near Black Creek road.

Offline PacificNWhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Area 636/648/638
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 07:44:03 PM »
I grew up hunting the 648 unit and dabbled in the 651 and 636 units.  I went down there for the last couple of days of the general season to check out some 'honey' holes and was very surprised to find most of the good timber I used to hunt was logged! Not only was it logged, but to me it looked like it was not cleaned up very well and left allot of clearings full of nasty brush and no real habitat for the deer. I hunt up the Wynoochee valley and have never had difficulty finding deer until now. I usually hunt he A and D lines, so I guess I cannot speak for the other logging roads. I do know though that they are doing logging up on the C-line off of the east fork of the Satsop. As Dman said most of the gates have been locked the last couple of years but due to the truck traffic I saw allot more unlocked gates this year. I wish I had some more info for you but I am going to be scrambling to find a new hunting spot for the late season too. I would give Minot Peak and Capitol Peak a look too if you have time, I have heard of some good buck's coming out of there and I know there is good timber out there too. Hope this helps, if you need anything else send me a PM. Jordan

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal