collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Colockum quality late… (Mission complete and pics added)  (Read 15104 times)

Offline phildobaggins

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
  • big buck big buck big buck
  • Groups: RMEF, MDF
Re: Colockum quality late…
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2021, 03:39:42 PM »
Good luck. I know there were some nice ones still there when I left at the end of archery. I don't think anyone got the 8x8 or the 7x8 (with a nice droptine) that I was after. Plus some odd ones that were just cool.

You're the only other person I've seen who's seen the 7x8 droptine bull..... glad he's still alive! I saw him at the end of August and about shid my pants.

Offline Pinetar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2021, 09:19:33 PM »
Good luck. I know there were some nice ones still there when I left at the end of archery. I don't think anyone got the 8x8 or the 7x8 (with a nice droptine) that I was after. Plus some odd ones that were just cool.

You're the only other person I've seen who's seen the 7x8 droptine bull..... glad he's still alive! I saw him at the end of August and about shid my pants.

Does this bulls drop tine come off his right side by his G3?

Offline Berin Denson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
    • N/A
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2021, 09:29:07 PM »
Good luck to you Fireguy. Keep us posted on your hunt; excited to hear about the outcome. Sounds like you have out the work in; it will pay off.

Offline Elkpiss

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2021, 07:10:46 AM »
Sorry about your father and i hope you get a big one but you have been there 9 Days? you got to be chitting me....  :dunno:.. Well i hope you get a big one on opening day since you have been there dam near 2 weeks already.. Good luck bud
Their going down!!!

Offline Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2021, 08:09:47 AM »
Sorry about your father and i hope you get a big one but you have been there 9 Days? you got to be chitting me....  :dunno:.. Well i hope you get a big one on opening day since you have been there dam near 2 weeks already.. Good luck bud

30 years to draw a world class tag, 9 days early doesn't sound bad to me. If a guy can swing it with work/family.
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline Mtnwalker

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2021, 08:28:17 AM »

30 years to draw a world class tag, 9 days early doesn't sound bad to me. If a guy can swing it with work/family.

:yeah:

Offline meatwhack

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2021, 08:32:48 AM »
That’s called doing the tag justice.

Offline X-Force

• Solo Hunter
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2021, 08:37:54 AM »
Good luck. Hopefully the weather starts cooperating.

Keep hammering
People get offended at nothing at all. So, speak your mind and be unapologetic.

Offline Farmer72

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Scout
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2021, 09:20:45 AM »

I didn't see the droptine personally but talked to multiple spike hunters that did. Well I don't think I seen it. I saw a couple bulls that I didn't see both sides in that same area.

Offline Backstraps

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
  • eburg dan
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2021, 06:52:19 PM »
One more day and the bull tags start! I have a quality bull tag for Colockum. Been here for 9 days and have seems decent bulls but after all the archery pictures it’s hard to shoot a small one! Lol I am fortunate to have seen bulls everyday. I’ll keep at it and don’t need to fill it with a small bull if I don’t want to. I shot a smaller moose in 13’ because it was the right situation with my dad. He actually drew the colockum tag last year however passed away from cancer before he was able to go on the hunt. So the odds of me drawing it this year (with 29 points) was a crazy deal but I’m here to make him proud! This ones for you dad!
Seen well over 200 head yesterday with multiple bulls! Couple really nice ones! PM me if you're still looking
Book'em Dano

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2021, 09:24:45 AM »
Saw a great bull in the back of a dark chevy truck last night on snoqualmie pass.  Too dark and rainy for a photo.  I hope it was you, really nice bull with a kicker out the left side of the main beam and G4.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline fireguy459

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2021, 08:38:23 PM »
Update: day 4 and I’m still at it. I have seen at least 6 bulls a day and today found a couple that would fit the bill. Thanks to “backstraps” for some solid intel. Unfortunately they didn’t want to play nicely. Hopefully tomorrow is the day. Fingers crossed. I walking on thin ice…. Been in the woods for 14 days and my wife fractured her ankle two days ago (minor fracture) and is at home making sure the kids are good. Thankfully she is an amazing wife and understands my passions for hunting (she hunts also) and understands how important this tag is… she drew the Entiat buck tag so I’m praying things get better for her soon! Thanks again to everyone for the help and positive thoughts!
If you can see it....... you can shoot it.

Offline bowguy

• bow guy
  • Scout
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2021, 10:39:34 AM »
Atta guy stay with it.  Sucks about your wife, thankfully we have great gals at home who are able to handle home front when this tag comes up.  My with did it for 2 weeks last season when i had the archery tag for there. In early season we saw some pretty solid bulls up there. Best of luck main thing is keep a positive head and enjoy every minute of it as it goes so fast.

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2021, 11:50:58 AM »
Fingers crossed you are packing elk today.

We are all pulling for you.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline fireguy459

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2021, 11:33:09 PM »
Day 6: I’m not sure what to think. Yesterday I went back to the area that was holding elk and they were gone. I looked high and low and found a group of 40 with a small 6 but not what I was after. A friend called me mid day and said big bull 2 hours away on the breaks of the river… so I hop in the side by side and away I go…. We found him eventually but he wasn’t as big as we had hoped from a couple miles away. He was on the breaks of the Columbia… it was a long side by side ride…. Anyways guys have told me general season is a mess and today I greatly underestimated what a mess it would be… I was surrounded by spike hunters with a herd of 4 “decent” bulls… with one in particular I wanted.. they fired 25-30 Shots and I couldn’t get the big bull out of the cows and I’m not about to take an unethical shot… it was a S*** show… oh well… I guess that’s why they say get it done before general. Regardless it’s been fun. Im getting up at 4:30 and hunting til dark. Today is day 15 day in the woods.. I still havnt seen that OMG monster. I’ve searched long and far. Hiked long and far… I’ve seen good bulls and many bulls guys would be happy with… but as you guys have said I’ll know when it’s the one. Tomorrow is a new day… and it only takes one… 
If you can see it....... you can shoot it.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

10th Annual - 2024 YOUTH TURKEY HUNT CONTEST (enter by Mar 14) by bearpaw
[Yesterday at 11:27:12 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:09:06 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:06:34 PM]

Fishing with kids in Wenatchee by HardCorpsHuntr
[Yesterday at 10:03:34 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by jjhunter
[Yesterday at 09:12:44 PM]