collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Oregon Wolf Pack Poisoned  (Read 20253 times)

Offline hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
Re: Oregon Wolf Pack Poisoned
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2021, 12:24:21 PM »
I've heard this saying more than one time.
Sometimes good people have to do bad things to make things right.
It's just a saying ,it's not my personal view.
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Explorer
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2021, 01:11:51 PM »
I understand what folks are saying, but I am also dismayed by support of other folks breaking the law, whether we might agree with that law or otherwise.  Some folks are apparently ok with people illegally killing wolves.  Folks want to ride their e-bikes on land where it isn't allowed because they want to write their own definition of what is a motor.  They want to hunt for free on timber company land and tribal land because they used to be able to.  They don't want to submit a tooth for WDFW research because well...screw the WDFW. Folks want to carry a firearm in businesses that say no weapons. The list goes on. Continuing the train of thought, why should we feel constrained to a 3-point minimum in mule deer units?  Why even follow the season dates, for that matter? And the license and tag fees?  Why give that money to the f'ing WDFW???  Take some steps down a slippery slope and there might not be any rules at all.
Don't cloud the issue with facts and common sense,this group wants to go to war.murica right?Funny how short the distance is between the ghetto and the double wide

300+ posts and not one that brought anything substantive to the thread. 
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2021, 01:18:32 PM »
For me the tears flowed like a river when I read that a magpie succumbed to his death!!!
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline Crunchy

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2021, 01:45:19 PM »
I have hunted that general area of eastern Oregon for the last 15 years.  well I missed one year when I drew White River here.  I can tell you first hand what the wolves have done to the elk herds.  I took video and pics of fresh and old wolf elk kills.  This year I walked up on a pack feeding on a fresh cow elk.  I tried to contact ODFW wolf managers.  Not one response to my three emails.  They don't want to know or they don't care.  Not sure what they expect when people are being ignored. 

Offline idaho guy

• Frontiersman
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2021, 02:10:37 PM »
I understand what folks are saying, but I am also dismayed by support of other folks breaking the law, whether we might agree with that law or otherwise.  Some folks are apparently ok with people illegally killing wolves.  Folks want to ride their e-bikes on land where it isn't allowed because they want to write their own definition of what is a motor.  They want to hunt for free on timber company land and tribal land because they used to be able to.  They don't want to submit a tooth for WDFW research because well...screw the WDFW. Folks want to carry a firearm in businesses that say no weapons. The list goes on. Continuing the train of thought, why should we feel constrained to a 3-point minimum in mule deer units?  Why even follow the season dates, for that matter? And the license and tag fees?  Why give that money to the f'ing WDFW???  Take some steps down a slippery slope and there might not be any rules at all.

When citizens are ignored, blamed, defamed, and financially hurt without remedy you will see abandonment of the law. While  we dont have to accept this lawbreaking, acknowledgement isnt approval. The Anti Hunting forces wont treat sportsmen better if/we condemn  these actions. they will just use them against us. Make no mistake  the "Middle Ground" is sportsmen continually capitulating until our sport is gone, or so reduced that it cannot influence the general public sentiment.

:yeah: Kinda like how this country was formed. Taxation without representation. Hunters are paying ALL the bills for wildlife in blue states but have no say in wildlife management

Offline birddogdad

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: LMAC, NRA
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2021, 03:12:46 PM »
wonder how many elk this will save.. just sayin... i see "estimates" of 16-22 per year per wolf....
USN retired
1981-2011

Offline logola512c

• Hunter
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2021, 03:31:43 PM »
wonder how many elk this will save.. just sayin... i see "estimates" of 16-22 per year per wolf....

I've heard that a pack of 10 wolves eats the equivalent of 120 elk per year.  Again, I don't disagree with the fact that wolves are/could decimate the ungulates.  But the wolves are just being wolves.  I disagree with folks condoning others taking action into their own hands that happens to be illegal.  That's just not the way organized and civil society is supposed to work.  This has been an interesting conversation.  I appreciate the various perspectives. 

Offline buckfvr

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2021, 03:41:43 PM »
Organized and civil society is a big pile of crap.  Its precisely why one sided societies do whatever they want and the hell with consequences that dont exist anymore.

Good on whoever offed the wolves and may many more follow.  The whole wolf thing is another example of agenda driven organized civil society forcing their agenda on others despite history and science.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2021, 03:51:35 PM »

I've heard that a pack of 10 wolves eats the equivalent of 120 elk per year.  Again, I don't disagree with the fact that wolves are/could decimate the ungulates.  But the wolves are just being wolves.  I disagree with folks condoning others taking action into their own hands that happens to be illegal.  That's just not the way organized and civil society is supposed to work.  This has been an interesting conversation.  I appreciate the various perspectives.

A civilized society is the polite code for know your place and station plebs.

If those whom are effected most dont have a vested interest to work inside the system, will just work out side of it. Not only hoesd history give us plenty of examples within wildlife, but history in general.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Explorer
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2021, 03:56:07 PM »

You mean an organized and civil society that lets people loot and burn businesses, injure police and cause millions in damage without repercussion under the guise of "free speech"?
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

Offline buckfvr

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2021, 04:02:13 PM »
Seattle and many of those who live there are the glowing example of whats wrong with this country.  Organized and civil society that it is.  Once you folks have seattle squared away, then by all means come back and tackle the right and wrong of wolves.

Offline logola512c

• Hunter
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2021, 04:14:34 PM »

You mean an organized and civil society that lets people loot and burn businesses, injure police and cause millions in damage without repercussion under the guise of "free speech"?

Pretty sure looting and burning businesses breaks a law or two.  Pretty sure I have a problem with folks that are looting and burning businesses also.  Look at that, you are in agreement with someone that lives in Seattle... Cheers

Offline Igor

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Frontiersman
  • Hunter
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2021, 04:17:21 PM »
Seattle and many of those who live there are the glowing example of whats wrong with this country.  Organized and civil society that it is.  Once you folks have seattle squared away, then by all means come back and tackle the right and wrong of wolves.

Seattle folks have a chance at "getting squared away" this coming Tuesday.  There is a special election to decide whether to recall Kshama Sawant from Seattle's District 3 city council seat.  Any bets ??
molṑn labé

USAF
   6987th Security Squadron
   6947th Security Squadron
   6918th RSM

Offline logola512c

• Hunter
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2021, 04:21:58 PM »

I'm pretty sure we agree, despite my residing in Seattle, about the underlying principle that wolves need to be managed.  Not sure what me living in Seattle has to do with anything else, other than that I have to drive a lot farther than just about everyone else on this board to fish/scout/hunt/recreate in the outdoors.  Contrary to what some might think, not all Seattleites think the same, and not all folks outside of Seattle are the same.  Again, I appreciate the dialogue and disparate viewpoints.

Offline meatwhack

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2021, 04:23:48 PM »
The saddest part about this situation is that if someone is convicted of this they will be absolutely hung while the mobs of looters and rioters walk freely and are actually encouraged by our government and media. This country is in absolutely pathetic shape.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by duckmen1
[Today at 06:52:09 AM]