collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Positive thinking on the draws  (Read 12757 times)

Offline cem3434

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA, MDF, RMEF, NWTF, PF, RGS, WSF, WSTA
Re: Positive thinking on the draws
« Reply #90 on: May 27, 2023, 08:03:02 AM »
Remember when it was just one application per species and not 3 or 4 different draws per species? I started putting in at 16 or 17 years old and I'm now 42. I've never drawn an OIL, quality or even the MS elk at this point and I put in every year. The quality and opportunities have diminished vastly over the last 25 years plus there are more hunters now. More hunters is a good thing for the sport, so I'm always excited to see what tags you guys draw.  :chuckle: I still put in ever year and will until I draw, move or die, but I truly believe I have better odds of drawing in just about any of the other western states I put in for every year.
The best friend a guy could have asked for. RIP chasing pheasants in heaven Denali girl.

Offline dvolmer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #91 on: May 27, 2023, 08:52:31 PM »
Remember when it was just one application per species and not 3 or 4 different draws per species? I started putting in at 16 or 17 years old and I'm now 42. I've never drawn an OIL, quality or even the MS elk at this point and I put in every year. The quality and opportunities have diminished vastly over the last 25 years plus there are more hunters now. More hunters is a good thing for the sport, so I'm always excited to see what tags you guys draw.  :chuckle: I still put in ever year and will until I draw, move or die, but I truly believe I have better odds of drawing in just about any of the other western states I put in for every year.
Sounds like you are due!!!  I hope this year is your lucky year!!!!
Zonk Volmer

Offline cem3434

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA, MDF, RMEF, NWTF, PF, RGS, WSF, WSTA
« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2023, 09:10:17 PM »
I'd be good if my kiddo simply drew a tag as I would enjoy the experience a lot more with her at this point. I appreciate your well wishes on this being my lucky year, but I'm hoping any luck in the draws goes to her.  :tup:
The best friend a guy could have asked for. RIP chasing pheasants in heaven Denali girl.

Offline hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #93 on: May 27, 2023, 10:02:59 PM »
I'd be good if my kiddo simply drew a tag as I would enjoy the experience a lot more with her at this point. I appreciate your well wishes on this being my lucky year, but I'm hoping any luck in the draws goes to her.  :tup:
Ya I feel the same way.
Rather hunt with my kid.
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline millerwheeler

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Get out and put some miles on those boots
« Reply #94 on: May 27, 2023, 10:35:47 PM »

Hunter numbers are down though , there are not more hunters that are new over old so they say

Offline Westsideelkchaser

• Tracker
« Reply #95 on: May 28, 2023, 12:52:59 AM »
I can say I put in for everything every year…In real world I should draw my quality deer tag as I have 8pts for Olympic muzzle fun hunt not great but lots of blacktail I’ve given up hope on the real great draws knowing that’s a lotto chance that could take legit 1000 years to ever draw…go for the lesser great hunts and maybe you’ll draw one under 20 years lol

Offline millerwheeler

• Sourdough
« Reply #96 on: May 28, 2023, 10:23:39 AM »
My in for everything they could possibly apply for, wife same , me same , father  got senior and disabled apps and some of the hunting group members by my math that’s over 80apps

We are gonna swimming in fun times I can feel it ! Odds are against us but we always have great camps no matter the tags

Offline millerwheeler

• Sourdough
« Reply #97 on: May 29, 2023, 09:56:55 PM »
Almost another day closer

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #98 on: May 29, 2023, 10:08:12 PM »
Son says he is drawing that moose tag.
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline Beastmonger1987

• Tracker
  • Groups: Wild Sheep Foundation
« Reply #99 on: May 30, 2023, 11:07:48 AM »
I'm still in super excited mode for all draws having moved from Florida to Washington in 2021. I had started points only in a few states prior to moving, but this year was the first year I went all in on applications throughout the west. I lucked into a random bull late rifle tag in Arizona on the first application of the year, and played the Nevada Guided draw game on mule deer to pull a tag in my 2nd year of applying.  :IBCOOL: Are these in well known elite units? No. Will the next Rocky mountain elk and mule deer that I harvest be my first of each? Yes. For a newcomer to the western app system almost 20 years late, I realize that the ELITE units for deer, elk and OIL tags for moose, goat, and sheep are not to be expected. Ever.  :tup: (But I apply anyway) I'm on the quantity over quality until my trigger finger stops itching. I do appreciate living vicariously through the HuntWa community! Bring on the fall bear season!

Offline Gunfire

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
  • Semper Fi
« Reply #100 on: June 01, 2023, 06:05:07 PM »
Between my kids, my father, and I we are in for nearly 40 tags. We seem to draw a handful every year. If we were only holding out for OILs or Desert/Colockum, I'm sure we'd be disappointed.

When it comes down to it, we are excited to draw anything that will put meat in the freezer and get us out on extra hunting trips during the season. 2nd deer in December or January is a blast. Cow hunting on Pumice Plains is amazing. Being with my father while he harvests a doe well into his 70's is very rewarding.

We put in for units that are easier to draw and then have fun scouting and exploring new areas and making plans for the fall/winter.

So yes, very excited for the draw!
A day without blood is like a day without sunshine.

Offline CarbonHunter

• Longhunter
  • Groups: RMEF, WSB
« Reply #101 on: June 01, 2023, 06:29:35 PM »
It’s the most boring draw wait for me in a few years. I’ve had my Idaho tags since 12/1 and because of preference points I was a 100% draw for Montana general. The results are nothing but ghost points for my son and I this year in WA. 

2 less hunters challenging the rest of you for permits this year, go get ‘em  :tup:

Offline Ghost Hunter

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Patron Life Member, RMEF Life, Sponser Member
« Reply #102 on: June 01, 2023, 06:56:38 PM »
I'm in for 16 + raffles in WA.  Feel lucky with a WY any elk tag.  At my age I don't feel like sitting out on WA is a good choice.  If I draw, I'll try to do it justice.  Odds are it's my last go for WY.
Economy failure = Too many people spending money they don't have on things they don't need to impress people they don't like.

Offline Ridgeratt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Old Salt
  • IBEW 73 (Retired) Burden on the working class.
« Reply #103 on: June 01, 2023, 07:04:28 PM »
I'm in for 16 + raffles in WA.  Feel lucky with a WY any elk tag.  At my age I don't feel like sitting out on WA is a good choice.  If I draw, I'll try to do it justice.  Odds are it's my last go for WY.

16+ raffles I hope you draw every one of them.

Offline Ghost Hunter

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Patron Life Member, RMEF Life, Sponser Member
« Reply #104 on: June 01, 2023, 07:53:24 PM »

16+ raffles I hope you draw every one of them.
[/quote
]16 special permits + raffle tickets to be clear.  I hope I draw them all too.  Then I can cash out and stop buying applications. 
Economy failure = Too many people spending money they don't have on things they don't need to impress people they don't like.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]