collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Illegal Activities Involving Wolves or Other Wildlife  (Read 80361 times)

Offline 7mmfan

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.facebook.com/rory.oconnor.9480
Re: Illegal Activities Involving Wolves or Other Wildlife
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2018, 08:31:20 AM »
I don't know guys. There's a large portion of hunters that have made a significant effort recently to poise hunters in general as folks that have respect and admiration for all wildlife, and we hunt to feed our families and to aid in conservation of all species, not gloating and bragging about killing animals or making them suffer. That point of view can gain a foothold, it has helped me in discussions with many non/anti-hunters. Guys that talk about poisoning or tossing sponges or meat wrapped trebles out give us all a big fat black eye and erase any traction that might have been gained.

I'll be the first one to buy a wolf tag in WA if possible, and I buy them every year in Idaho. I chase bears, killed my share of coyotes, and I plan on chasing cats this winter as well, so don't dare call me a predator lover. It all has to be done on the up and up though.
I hunt, therefore I am.... I fish, therefore I lie.

Offline Jpmiller

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2018, 08:54:26 AM »
I've said before and I'll say it again.  The anonymity this site allows breeds this type of discussion.  I truly believe if HuntWA required everyone to use their real names the amount of trash talking and unhelpful bantar would decrease significantly. Say what you mean, mean what you say, and stand up proud about saying it.  Don't hide behind the cloak of the internet and your fake names.  Let's have quality discussions that support the hunting community, our traditions, our way of life.  All this trash talk about breaking laws destroys the very fabric that defines us as a community bound by ethics.  It paints everyone of us as blood thirsty, apathetic barbarians, not conservationists.
Stop giving the Humane Society and PETA future ammo to shoot us down with.

Great topic OP (whoever you are).

Im moving closer all the time to wishing this site required real names to be posted. I don't even remember if I needed to enter my name to sign up but it would cut down on some of the nonsense.

Offline Blacktail Sniper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Kill'em all...let the gravy sort'em out!!!
  • Groups: blacktail sniper
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2018, 09:50:08 AM »
I've said before and I'll say it again.  The anonymity this site allows breeds this type of discussion.  I truly believe if HuntWA required everyone to use their real names the amount of trash talking and unhelpful bantar would decrease significantly. Say what you mean, mean what you say, and stand up proud about saying it.  Don't hide behind the cloak of the internet and your fake names.  Let's have quality discussions that support the hunting community, our traditions, our way of life.  All this trash talk about breaking laws destroys the very fabric that defines us as a community bound by ethics.  It paints everyone of us as blood thirsty, apathetic barbarians, not conservationists.

Im moving closer all the time to wishing this site required real names to be posted. I don't even remember if I needed to enter my name to sign up but it would cut down on some of the nonsense.

What vetting would be done to verify the names being given are in fact real names? 

No way to ensure that it would be any different, from now. 
It is better to be consistently incorrect than inconsistently correct...

Sarcasm: The ability to insult stupid people without them realizing it. 

My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity...

Sarcasm makes smart people laugh and stupid people mad.

Offline Cougartail

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2018, 10:09:20 AM »

What vetting would be done to verify the names being given are in fact real names? 

No way to ensure that it would be any different, from now.

Using your real name would be the dumbest move ever.  Post a picture of a cougar you harvest.. have your house fire bombed next week by some animal rights activist  Not thought out clearly..
Did Trump hurt your feelings?

I only seem like a macho guy if you have low T and you listen to the Village  People

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2018, 10:12:55 AM »
I don't recall any forum I've ever signed up for using real names. Anti-hunters and animal rights freakos with an axe to grind would have a field day harassing members. All due respects, I think it's a horrible idea to use real names.

It's simple: When someone posts an illegal activity or expresses support for same, the post is taken down and that thread is reminded of the forum policy. If one person violates the policy even after several PM warnings, they're suspended. More times? Removed permanently.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline jmscon

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
  • RMEF BHA TRCP
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2018, 10:20:14 AM »
Well said Brad and 7mm!
My interpretation of the rules are open to interpretation.
Once I thought I was wrong but I was mistaken.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2018, 10:39:46 AM »
I've got a FB account, they make people use their real names and I don't see where it causes a whole lot of restraint :dunno:

Offline baker5150

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: Loser's Lounge - Lifetime Member
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2018, 11:00:31 AM »
I've got a FB account, they make people use their real names and I don't see where it causes a whole lot of restraint :dunno:

They don't make you use your real name on Facebook.  You cant use whatever name you want.

Just ask the Russians

Offline Jonathan_S

• Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2018, 11:21:51 AM »
I’m a little confused on why some posts were deleted  :dunno:
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2018, 11:30:02 AM »

I certainly don't post things on Facebook which would be considered controversial because many of my customers are friends, and I only post to friends, not the public, because I don't want the crazies. Forums are different and normally address specific areas of interest. That's why anonymity is important because groups like DOW search for hunting groups to call out the topics and members.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2018, 12:27:26 PM »
I need to reread the forum rules i guess,I always thought advocating illegal activities was against forum rules.  :dunno:
"Boss of the woods"
(this is in reference to the biggie not me).

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2018, 12:28:38 PM »
I need to reread the forum rules i guess,I always thought advocating illegal activities was against forum rules.  :dunno:

We've asked multiple times for folks to click on the "report to moderator" tab. We can't be everywhere at once.
Please keep that in mind.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2018, 12:31:21 PM »
I did not mean anything in a negative way towards the mods.  :tup:
"Boss of the woods"
(this is in reference to the biggie not me).

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2018, 12:32:27 PM »
I did not mean anything in a negative way towards the mods.  :tup:

No I get that, and maybe I misread what you were saying. Earlier today there were a couple posts on here that were deleted from a guy suggesting using poison meatballs to deal with the wolves. I thought that's what you were referring to. My bad.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Blacktail Sniper

• Old Salt
  • Kill'em all...let the gravy sort'em out!!!
  • Groups: blacktail sniper
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2018, 12:44:30 PM »

Not correct, just provide a name and a date of birth, and be anyone you want to be.
It is better to be consistently incorrect than inconsistently correct...

Sarcasm: The ability to insult stupid people without them realizing it. 

My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity...

Sarcasm makes smart people laugh and stupid people mad.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal