collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Missing hounds north Idaho  (Read 16069 times)

Offline dscubame

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
  • 2013 Idaho Elk Hunt
Re: Missing hounds north Idaho
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2019, 02:41:57 PM »
Ill probably get flamed again but guy may likely be pissed someone took property that was not theirs.  As he has been waiting on his dogs to return for a week and now has to pay pound fees.
It's a TIKKA thing..., you may not understand.

Eyes in the Woods.   ' '

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2019, 02:57:53 PM »
I would love to know the rest of the story on this one.  Glad the owner got the hounds back but there has to be more to the story.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline Timberstalker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Just one more ridge
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2019, 03:41:11 PM »
There's always more to the story. Always.
If you aint hunting, you aint livin'

Offline Machias

• Trapper
  • Explorer
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2019, 03:53:42 PM »
I'm sure there is more to the story, but at this point all I know is the owner showed up and claimed the dogs.  I will for sure post any updates if I can find out.
Fred Moyer

When it's Grim, be the GRIM REAPER!

Offline idaho guy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2019, 05:39:15 PM »
Ill probably get flamed again but guy may likely be pissed someone took property that was not theirs.  As he has been waiting on his dogs to return for a week and now has to pay pound fees.

Well intentioned people grab hounds a lot back in the telemetry days we had lots of dogs get free rides back to town  :chuckle: and we were usually still up in the woods hunting for the dogs. It’s part of the game but happens way less with the gps collars. I think I know those dogs and owner gave them away free because he had to get out of hounds. New owner is probably new to hounds which explains tracking collars but no nameplate collars. Could be different dogs though.

Offline bak2huntn

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2019, 10:31:21 PM »
You seem to jump in a lot with people trying to do the right thing and call them thieves these dogs were in wolf country and I would have done the same! you did the same thing to me in lost and found for trying to return a fishing pole to a young man that would have been taken by the next person there after I left with no knowledge of how it got got there, at least i am trying to get it back to the rightful owner as are the finders of the dogs.I almost signed off for good after your negative comment but stayed only to see this, now I am officially done with Hunt Washington and all the negativity and internet policing.Don't matter any anyhow I was just a lurker mostly but learned more about the great out doors here than any magazine or other website I will miss coming here every evening to wind down and see peoples success  stories but the negativity on here is a downer! It is a shame how there is always a negative comment in every post started. Bye !!!!!!!

Offline dscubame

• Frontiersman
  • 2013 Idaho Elk Hunt
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2019, 10:51:55 PM »
You are too sensitive imo and misunderstand my intentions.  We are all different and from different backgrounds not right or wrong simply different perspectives.  I wish everyone and all kinds the best. 

Eyes in the Woods.   ' '

Offline bak2huntn

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2019, 11:10:27 PM »
And I realized  how negative my comments were and a personal attack on you, that's not who I am and i apologize for that, but still leaving.

Offline dscubame

• Frontiersman
  • 2013 Idaho Elk Hunt
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2019, 11:25:20 PM »
Hope you reconsider as this is a great forum and resource.

Eyes in the Woods.   ' '

Offline idaho guy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2019, 06:15:03 AM »
You seem to jump in a lot with people trying to do the right thing and call them thieves these dogs were in wolf country and I would have done the same! you did the same thing to me in lost and found for trying to return a fishing pole to a young man that would have been taken by the next person there after I left with no knowledge of how it got got there, at least i am trying to get it back to the rightful owner as are the finders of the dogs.I almost signed off for good after your negative comment but stayed only to see this, now I am officially done with Hunt Washington and all the negativity and internet policing.Don't matter any anyhow I was just a lurker mostly but learned more about the great out doors here than any magazine or other website I will miss coming here every evening to wind down and see peoples success  stories but the negativity on here is a downer! It is a shame how there is always a negative comment in every post started. Bye !!!!!!!

If you find hounds running down the road either leave them alone or if you have to do something and think they have been out a long time tie them to a tree or something(if it’s a main road)and call phone numbers on collar let owner know what mile marker etc they are at. Some guys don’t even like that when there’s wolves around but I have appreciated it because I will usually be up there somewhere looking and it made for quick retrieval.Bringing to town and feeding them a bunch of pizza cause you think they are starving should be your last choice   :chuckle::chuckle: This was a situation where it made perfect sense to bring dogs to town the trackers were dead and they had no contact information. This owner should be happy with what happened here even if it cost some pound fees. Plus they posted all over Facebook.  I am pretty sure it was the dogs I know and new guy got for free and might not have much experience which explains a lot.

Offline Machias

• Trapper
  • Explorer
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2019, 08:20:32 AM »
 :yeah:
Fred Moyer

When it's Grim, be the GRIM REAPER!

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2019, 09:34:15 AM »
 :yeah: x3

The most annoying thing was when people pick up your dogs and haul them two or three hours away to their home before calling! :bash:
But, I agree , it rarely happens with the gps collars, they are a huge improvement for not losing your dogs. I just wished the batteries would last longer than they do. I'm a firm believer that the gps collars save many dogs from being eaten by wolves.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

10th Annual - 2024 YOUTH TURKEY HUNT CONTEST (enter by Mar 14) by bearpaw
[Yesterday at 11:27:12 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:09:06 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:06:34 PM]

Fishing with kids in Wenatchee by HardCorpsHuntr
[Yesterday at 10:03:34 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by jjhunter
[Yesterday at 09:12:44 PM]